Thursday 25 January 2007

Just Can't Resist It..........


Well it's that time of year again, cabin fever is starting to set in, the long, cold, wet, windy nights are starting to take their toll on us, the ground's starting to freeze up, and we suffer severe withdrawal pains as we long for springtime, then there's a brief glimmer of hope, as the heavy clouds subside and the warm, golden rays disperse the emptiness of winter( even if it is only for half an hour :-)
This triggers off an automatic reaction amongst gardeners to get to the garden centres/nurseries as fast as we can, yeah I know we still have about another 3 months up here in scotland before we'll actually need the stuff, but we just can't help it !, I was the same when I used to grow Fuchsias... could not pass a shop without buying much more than I needed, well I've not changed my habits much since converting to veggies,after our much welcomed sunburst ran out and bought;
Maris Bard....2.5kg early tatties...£3
Epicure.....(THE Ayrshire tattie) at same price
Shallots...Golden Gourmet at £1 bag
Onion sets Sturon also £1
also trying some garlic I bought from Morrison's (it's Spanish but just look how big the bulbs are for 50p each), they might work, might not but at that price it's worth a try. also got my lime which I'll need to put down soon on Barrasica bed.

All the veg bought was Thompson and Morgan, From a local garden centre which I thought to be reasonably priced
and best of all ...no postage!!!!
This will ease the pain for a while or at least until our next sunburst jolts us into' mad veggie buyer 'mode again .
...until we talk again...happy gardening...veggie

No comments: