Saturday 27 January 2007

Been 'at it' again


Just back from Scottish borders after visiting family and attending local Burns supper, great night and company, however, on the way home around Edinburgh you have to pass a Dobbies garden centre, these places are brilliant, although a bit on the expensive side, was about to bypass it when out came the sunbeams again, quick left turn and before you could say "Bob's Yer Uncle" , I was over looking their seed tattie stock...I was very surprised to see the price was an amazing; 2x 3kg bags for £6, could not resist and added two bags to my now growing collection. Varieties were; Kestrel...2nd early
Pink Fir Apple....main crop (which I am assured taste amazing)
Also bought my runner bean seed; White Lady, chose this variety as it is stringless,which makes them a lot more palatable,also white flowers are not as attractive to the birds.....well have to go now got greenhouse to dismantle...
until later.....Happy gardening......Veggie

No comments: