Tuesday 16 January 2007

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

Not had much chance over the past week to get up the old 'Lottie'
(due to the heavy rain and winds),should really be making an effort
to dismantle my greenhouse and get it relocated on the plot, but afraid to start it until the danger of these gales have passed in case I have to leave it and the wind wrecks it. have new fence to build in back garden before serious work on the plot starts, this was task that I had not planned, but will come under heading of emergency repairs. We had first frost this year last night, although it was not a heavy one, followed by nice sunny day today, would have ventured up plot but I'm working nights this week and by time I'm up most of the daylight has gone.
Started to gather new collection of seeds and seed potatoes for the coming season
Homebase now have them in stock at fairly reasonable prices, bought 2x 2kg bags of maris piper potatoes and 2 x 2kg bags of Maris Peer at the price of £3 per bag, would not normally buy as early but if I don't these varieties go very quickly.
Most of seed orders in, will report in detail in future post.....happy growing..VP

No comments: